Sunday, October 13, 2013

A new way to study an old book.

I've been tinkering with the idea of starting my blog up again. Having a 'home on the web' enhances real life connections and gives opportunities for meeting new people in ways never imagined before (unless you watch a lot of sci-fi...they do a LOT of imagining there, haha). 

With the advent of technology, it stands to reason that someone, somewhere would find a way to harness that wonderful ability to connect and meet others online with the structure of a Bible study. And the gals at Proverbs 31 ministry have done just that! 

I am excited to be a part of the newest Bible study they are kicking off this week featuring the book by Renee Swope titled, A Confident Heart. 

From the Back Cover

Step out of the shadows of self-doubt to live with a confident heart
Ever feel like you're not good enough, smart enough, or valuable enough? Renee Swope understands. Even with a great family, a successful career, and a thriving ministry, she still struggled with self-doubt. Sharing her own personal story, Renee shows you how to rely on the power of God's promises to find the security you need and the confidence you long for!
  • Exchange fear-filled thinking with faith-filled believing
  • Fail forward when life or sin sets you back
  • Embrace your God-given purpose, passion, and personality
  • See beyond who you are to who you are becoming in Christ
Powerful Scripture-based prayers are at the end of each chapter, along with Bible study questions and a chart with thirty-one promises to replace our most common self-doubts. 

I'm hoping to address the tiny voices inside that sometimes whisper and nag me that I'm not good enough or that I don't measure up. I'd also like to rise above regret over past choices or circumstances beyond my control. I have a good grasp on the concept of finding the lies and replacing them with the truth of God's Word...my prayer is that God would gently reveal any specific lies I may be believing and empower me through TRUTH to rise above them. 

Doesn't that sound amazing? Don't you want to join me? 


1 comments:

Lauren said...

Joining with you in agreement that God will silence those tiny voices in all of us. Thanks for sharing!
Lauren, P31 OBS Blog Hop Team